gdm-2.4.1.4 not launching

Glenn Johnson gjohnson at srrc.ars.usda.gov
Fri May 9 09:06:16 PDT 2003

I do not have the original thread on this machine so am starting anew
thread.  I said in the other gdm thread that I would check the machine
at work that I just did a clean install on to see if the new gdm worked.

It does not.  I see the same result as on my home machine.  The
gdm-binary process launches, the screen goes back to the console, and
the gdm-binary process can only be killed with kill -9.

This was a fresh install of -CURRENT,
FreeBSD 5.1-BETA #0: Thu May  8 12:42:08 CDT 2003     root at node1.cluster.srrc.usda.gov:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CLUSTER-FW

I used the following command to install gdm and friends:
portinstall -M BATCH=yes gnome2

--
Glenn Johnson
USDA, ARS, SRRC			 Phone: (504) 286-4252
New Orleans, LA 70124		e-mail: gjohnson at srrc.ars.usda.gov