Gnome 2.3.1 frozen, can't load desktop anymore..

Mezz bsdforums.org reigncracks at hotmail.com
Thu May 8 23:01:31 PDT 2003

>I think I have traced the hanging problems to libbonobo-2.3.1. Doing a
>`portupgrade -f bonobo-activation` fixed the problems for me. There appears
>to be some conflict between the new bonobo-activation in libbonobo 2.3 and
>the old(?) bonobo-activation port.

I tried do that by what you have done, but it still doesn't work on me.
Also, I did the rebuilt of nautilus. :-(

But, hey Joe, I finally caught the seg fault with the gdb by use the
'--no-desktop --sm-disable' flags.. This will crash nautilus for good with
the seg fault. Here's link:

http://mezzweb.com:81/show/gdb-nautilus2.txt (be sure to clear the cache)

I hope, this time it's useful. Hehe.. :-) If not, then do you need to login
in my machine?