Ports suggestions: gedit-devel and gedit-plugins

Mezz bsdforums.org reigncracks at hotmail.com
Wed May 7 17:33:56 PDT 2003

>On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 19:29, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
> > It's pretty strange, because I have been using gedit everyday since
>2.1.x -
> > 2.3.x on -CURRENT and I don't have single of problem with gedit.
>
>If you ever need a bug-finder, I'm your man. I frequently stumble across
>bugs that no one has ever heard of. I'm special that way. ;p

I learn the things is that... If you compile everything in the ports tree
with the debug (-g) will help a lot for the developers/programmers to trace
the problems better and easier. Put the debug in the /etc/make.conf
following:

CFLAGS= -O -pipe -g
STRIP=

Perhaps, you should do that too if the crash in the gedit 2.3.x is still
exist.