GNOME errors with 4.8

Murray Stokely murray at freebsdmall.com
Fri Mar 28 10:38:03 PST 2003

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 01:27:24PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> Can you send your /usr/X11R6/etc/fonts/fonts.conf file?  Also, do you

This is just after installation from the package set, so that file
should be pristine.

> have any fonts.cache-1 files in the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts
> subdirectories?  If so, do they have any contents?  If you run fc-cache

No, no files with '.cache' in the name are in that subdir tree.

> -f, does it fix this problem?

YES!  'fc-cache -f' fixes the problem.

Now, as I say, this isn't me having problems with local ports, but a
problem after a fresh install of 4.8 with the packages on the FTP
site.  Should 'fc-cache -f' be added to a post-install script for the
port or something?

Please get back to me as soon as possible about this, as it's one of
the last issues remaining with 4.8.

    Thanks,

     - Murray