GNOME errors with 4.8

Murray Stokely murray at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 28 02:34:49 PST 2003

I'm getting GNOME errors with 4.8.  All other window managers install
and work fine, but GNOME does not work after being installed from the
4.8 package set.

'startx' willb briefly bring up an X screen before dumping back to the
terminal with errors about fonts.

"No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig library is
not correctly configured.  You may need to edit the fonts.conf
configuration file.  More information about fontconfig can be found in
the fontconfig(3) manual page and on http://fontconfig.org

waiting for X server to shut down."

Are the dependencies setup properly in the INDEX file?  Any ideas?

I'm holding up the release until this and one other issue with the mly
driver are resolved.

	- Murray