gPortupgrade, a new project with GTK2/Gnome2

Fredrick Nilsson fredrick.nilsson at framfab.se
Fri Mar 28 00:30:37 PST 2003

interesting, i have some ideas of making this even more seemless integrated
in the gnome enviroment. My idea was to create a  view in nautilus, and when
entering: ports:/// in the location field, ports would be visible. when
browsing to, for instance, ports:///irc/ all available "application
directories", would be visible as packages. when right-clicking on one of
those, the user would have different options in the context menu. say for
instance, install and so on.

unfortunately i have very little spare time, so i haven't started yet. this
maybe would be a nice project for my vacation :)

anyways, i would be glad if someone could give me some feedback of this
idea.

.f