nautilus & gthumb crash on 5.1

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Jun 30 17:41:02 PDT 2003

On 01 Jul 2003 02:09:59 +0200, Olivier Cortes <olive at deep-ocean.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some make flags later, i bring you a backtrace of my crashes.
> to crash nautilus, i just start it ("nautilus"). If i run "nautilus -n",
> the gnome2 desktop appears, i can empty the trash. whenever i try to
> open my home folder, the trash, a property dialog -> crash (bus error).
> fully reproductible. (every time). the backtrace is generated by
> bugbuddy2.
>
> files at http://www.deep-ocean.net/~olive/freebsd/syrenna/

Can you add 'pkg_info' or 'ls /var/db/pkg' in there too? It's helpful to
know what version of apps you have them installed.

> (my KERNEL changed; i occasionnaly edit make.conf to uncomment CFLAGS
> when needed; i don't touch the rest)
>
> there is still a "??" in the backtrace, i don't know what to compile
> with debug to make it disapear... now glib/gnomevfs2/nautilus2/libc_r
> are compiled with debug (latest from ports and src).

This should be already fixed in Nautilus2 (2.3.6_1), which it's recently
reported by me. Joe just fixed it in the marcuscom cvs..

> gthumb crashes with the same symptom (just launch it, from command line,
> or "run" dialog -> seg fault). i'll post a backtrace when it will be
> compiled with debug.

I have no problem with gThumb, but I think I just noticed that it will
crash if it has *.svg in there.. Same result as with Nautilus2, but I am
planning to play with it little more and if I still have the problem, then
I will report with gdb info.

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.