pkgconfig on OSX

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Jun 25 21:39:43 PDT 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:22:59 -0400, Stephen Judd <judds at comcast.net> wrote:

> I hope I have the right address to ask for help...

Sorry, no.. It's FreeBSD maillist; not MacOS X.. MacOS X != FreeBSD.. :-)

> When trying to compile pkgconfig on Mac OSX, the ./configure step
> succeeds,
> and much of the `make' works too, until it hits a glitch in this command:

On FreeBSD, you will need to use the 'gmake' instead 'make', so I am not
sure about MacOS X. I doubt, it's same with FreeBSD thought.

>> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=g_log_domain_glib -g -O2 -
>>

>> Wall -D_REENTRANT -c giounix.c -o giounix.o
>> giounix.c:233: only 1 arg to macro 'g_warning' (2 expected)
>>

> I get this problem with both pkgconfig-0.14.0 and pkgconfig-0.15.0 .
>
> The file in question (giounix.c) indeed has a reference to g_warning on
> line 233 that indeed has only one argument, but I cannot find where
> g_warning is defined, and I cannot fathom what to do about it anyway. Do
> you know how to help?

I doubt, you will get that much help in the FreeBSD maillist.. So...
Perhaps, you should check with the OpenDarwin, DarwinPorts and Fink
projects.

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.