Python: gnome.ui missing

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Jun 25 10:50:04 PDT 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:34:29 -0700, Shannon -jj Behrens <jj at nttmcl.com>
wrote:

> (I'm not subscribed to the list, so please cc me in your reply.)
>
> I'm porting a Python GNOME app to FreeBSD, and it uses gnome.ui.About.
> Unfortunately, I can import gnome, but not gnome.ui.  In fact, I can't
> seem to find a uimodule.so like I have on my RedHat 9.1 box.  I'm
> running FreeBSD 4.8 and I have py22-gtk-1.99.15 and py-gnome-1.99.15_1
> installed.   This is for Gnome2.  Everything else seems to be working.
> Any hints would be appreciated.

Your ports tree is old, you need to CVSup your ports tree to update. Then,
install sysutils/portupgrade and do the 'pkgdb -F' and 'portupgrade -ra'..
It should fix your problem, because the py-gnome2-1.99.16_1 has added the
depends on py-orbit2.. Well, if you don't want to update the ports tree and
you can try to install devel/py-orbit2 and rebuild your py-gnome-
1.99.15_1..

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.