openldap version

none_NOSPAM at siu.edu none_NOSPAM at siu.edu
Mon Jun 23 06:11:22 PDT 2003

Yes!!!!!!!!

Beware, however, that the OpenLDAP schema changed between V2.0 and V2.1.
This should not affect "basic" installation of the suite, but may affect
applications which use it. There now are mandatory objectclass
structures, and there are other minor changes (ie; "tightening up of RFC
conformancy"). The longer any migration to V2.1 of OpenLDAP is
postponed, the more likely that other operational changes will be
encountered.

I would also like to request that Makefile of ports which depend on it,
be adjusted such that they will accept a previously source installed
version of OpenLDAP, and NOT install another version. I go through a LOT
of work to install highly customized sourced versions of OpenLDAP, and I
get VERY tired of them being clobbered by ported versions of OpenLDAP
forced by this or that application. A simple "IHAVEITALREADYDADBLASTIT"
should be sufficient to prevent the port-make process of installing yet
another version.

Case in point:

  PORTNAME=       balsa2
  PORTVERSION=    2.0.11
  PORTREVISION=   1
  CATEGORIES=     mail gnome
  MASTER_SITES=   http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/balsa/ \
                  ftp://ftp.newton.cx/pub/balsa/
  DISTNAME=       balsa-${PORTVERSION}

  MAINTAINER=     gnome at FreeBSD.org
  COMMENT=        A mail reader for the GNOME 2 desktop

  BUILD_DEPENDS=  ${LOCALBASE}/bin/ispell:${PORTSDIR}/textproc/ispell
  LIB_DEPENDS=    ldap.2:${PORTSDIR}/net/openldap20 \

If "ldap" were removed from this LIB_DEPENDS and a later make
parameter/environment variable setting were checked
("IHAVEITALREADYDADBLASTIT"), and if not found/set - THEN do a
"LIB_DEPENDS=+ <ldap yadda yadda>", this would help tremendously.

Thank you.