Evolution 1.4 Date Time Trouble

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu Jun 19 09:28:12 PDT 2003

> From: Bob Van Valzah <Bob at VanValzah.Com>
> Date: 19 Jun 2003 14:16:24 +0000
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
>
> I find that Evolution 1.4 doesn't seem to know what time zone I'm in.
> (Yes, I'm certain that my clock and timezone are set correctly.)  I see
> that others have recently reported similar problems here.  The advice of
> updating to 1.4.0_1 hasn't worked for me.
>
> I've looked back through my Sent folder and I see something
> interesting.  The correct offset from GMT was given while I used Evo
> 1.2.4.  It went to +0000 when I went to Evo 1.3.92.  The problem
> continues now that I'm on 1.4.0_1.  I see these symptoms on both my
> desktop and laptop systems that went through the same Evo source upgrade
> path.  (Both are very recent 4.8-STABLE.)
>
> Maybe this only happens to folks who tried 1.3.92 because it left
> something behind that's confusing 1.4?  Just a wild guess since the
> problem doesn't seem to be widespread.
>
> I also note that the forward and backward navigation arrow icons in the
> folder bar are not rendered (though the nav function is present when the
> space is clicked).

While the upgrade to 1.4.0_1 seemed to have fixed the problem for me,
it's now back! I am seeing times in GMT again! I almost wonder if I
was imagining something last time when it was working.

An example:
Header: Date:  Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:40:07 +0200
TOC:	Today 7:40 AM

Also, all messages are stamped in the TOC with the day until 1 hour
prior to the time I started Evolution. Messages showing a TOC
timestamp after that only show a time.

FWIW, I can't seem to get filtering to work, either, but that is
probably cockpit error. I will spend a bit more time reading the manual
before I complain and, even then, it will likely be to the Ximian
folks.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)