xscreensaver not building

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Jun 13 07:32:16 PDT 2003

I'm noticing this because I'm building gnome2 from ports and
xscreensaver-gnome is a dependency.  This is on 5.1-RELEASE,
although the problem doesn't look related to that.  Ports tree
updated right before I started the build yesterday afternoon.

<<< script of build
working# make

===>  Extracting for xscreensaver-gnome-4.10
 >> Checksum OK for xscreensaver-4.10.tar.gz.
===>  Patching for xscreensaver-gnome-4.10
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for xscreensaver-gnome-4.10
Ignoring previously applied (or reversed) patch.
1 out of 1 hunks ignored--saving rejects to po/Makefile.in.in.rej
 >> Patch patch-po::Makefile.in.in failed to apply cleanly.
 >> Patch(es) patch-ab patch-driver_Makefile.in patch-driver_xscreensaver-getimage-file patch-hacks_webcollage applied cleanly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/xscreensaver-gnome.
<<< end of script capture

patch-po::Makefile.in.in seems to be trying to make a change that
is already in the Makefile.in.in ... I removed it from the files
directory and it builds successfully.

Hope this information is helpful.

--
Bill Moran