Evolution-1.4.0 vs Gnome-2 Apps menu listing

Stacey Roberts stacey at vickiandstacey.com
Thu Jun 12 11:45:10 PDT 2003

Hello,

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 06:39, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 00:40, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> > Hello,
> >      Ever since I've portupgraded to Evolution-1.4.0, it no longer
> > appears in the "Office" section of the Applications menu listing (next
> > the Gnumeric & AbiWord). How do I get it back?
>
> Restart gnome-panel, or logout, and log back in.  It shows up just fine
> for me.

I've logged off of X, logged out of the console, logged back in and
whilst the "name" Evolution appears under the Office sub-menu of
Applications, there is no Evolution icon next to the name.

Also, clicking on the "word" Evolution in the Office menu returns an
error:

Can't launch entry.

Details: Failed to execute child process "evolution-1.3" (No such file
or directory)

There is an "OK" button there that I click and the error box goes away.
I can only launch Evolution from Actions > Run > (Tyeed in
/usr/X11R6/bin/evolution)

Also, that problem with "startx" taking almost 3 minutes to launch
Gnome-2 :-(

Let me know what other information I can get to you, please.

Regards,

Stacey

--
Stacey Roberts