gnome-terminal input weirdness with 5.1-RELEASE

Murray Stokely murray at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 9 00:24:38 PDT 2003

When I install gnome from the 5.1-RELEASE ISO, the keyboard input in
gnome-terminal is erratic.  Often, keypresses result in 3-4 keyboard
events being sent.

Typing 'uname' for example, will display

uuuunnnnammmeeee

or similar.  All keys seem to be effected.  The keyboard is fine and
is not sticking from the console, or in kterm in the KDE environment.

Is this a known issue with the Gnome port for 5.1-RELEASE?

Can someone verify for me if gnome-terminal works OK for them from the
5.1-RELEASE ISO? (i386)

	    Thanks,

	    - Murray