ggv crashed, here's gdb info..

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Tue Jun 3 11:58:17 PDT 2003

On 03 Jun 2003 13:03:13 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 04:56, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> ggv has been crashed, which it's on the different machine with libthr.
>> The info is same exactly in my previous email about gst-register for
>> make.conf, libmap.conf and etc, but I did the CVSup'ed and buildworld
>> this evening. Here's gdb info in the bottom of this email.
>>
>> Gnome2 runs fine with libthr, but having the problem with gst stuff
>> that's all.. The gst stuff is cauing some media problem with nautilus,
>> because I don't have gstreamer stuff install due to gst-register crash.
>> Panel, gnome-terminal, gedit and others run very smooth. I am very
>> surpised to see that the gnome-terminal acts like it has ZVT, but not
>> which it's very fast and smooth with VTE! I am not sure if it was
>> because of AthlonXP 2000+ or libthr; Kudos to the VTE/gnome-terminal
>> teams.. :-)
>>
>> BTW: If you think it's libthr issue, pls add the -threads in the CC too.
>
> This certainly looks like a libthr issue to me.  I'm not seeing this
> crash, and I've never seen such a crash with a pthread abort (except in
> earlier versions of gst).  Have you tried reverting back to libc_r and
> see if the crash persists?

Ummm, I think the libmap.conf isn't work as it's supposed to.. Right now, I
have in the libmap.conf following:

============================
# cat /etc/libmap.conf
libc_r.so.5		libthr.so.1
libc_r.so		libthr.so

    [/usr/X11R6/bin/ggv]
libc_r.so.5		libc_r.so.5
libc_r.so		libc_r.so

    [ggv]
libc_r.so.5		libc_r.so.5
libc_r.so		libc_r.so
============================

============================
# uname -a
FreeBSD personal.mezzweb.com 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #0: Mon Jun  2
20:23:45 CDT 2003
mezz at personal.mezzweb.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BSDRULZ  i386
============================

I even rebuilt ggv and reboot, it's still linking to libthr..

============================
# ldd /usr/X11R6/bin/ggv | grep libc
        libc.so.5 => /usr/lib/libc.so.5 (0x28a68000)
        libc_r.so.5 => /usr/lib/libthr.so.1 (0x28b49000)
============================

============================
% ggv
 GThread-ERROR **: file gthread-posix.c: line 135 (): error 'Invalid
argument' during 'pthread_getschedparam (pthread_self(), &policy, &sched)'
aborting...
Abort trap (core dumped)

Should I report to -current about libmap.conf and -threads about ggv?

> Joe
>

>> Cheers,
>> Mezz

<snip>