Gnome does not seem to like me any more!

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Jul 29 10:46:53 PDT 2003

I hate to keep sending in problems, but I seem to have another one.

I am unable to start Gnome because I built several components with an
old gmake which messed up on things that have been added to libc in V5.

I have tried re-building all of the Gnome packages with portupgrade
-rf pkgconfig, but the package database seems to have gotten itself
messed up in the process and not everything got updated.

The one thing that I can't figure out is that the GNOME Setting Daemon
is not starting. I get a window saying so when I start up. But it does
not tell me what the executable that failed might be, so I can't
figure out what to re-build.

Any idea what port includes the "GNOME Settings Daemon" so I can
re-make it? I'm living with X and twm at the moment.

Thanks,
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)