ports/54779: evolution-1.4 mail compose dialogue - too long delay while change fields

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 23 08:51:02 PDT 2003

Synopsis: evolution-1.4 mail compose dialogue - too long delay while change fields

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: marcus
State-Changed-When: Wed Jul 23 08:49:10 PDT 2003
State-Changed-Why:
This is not really a FreeBSD port bug.  I would bring this up with Ximian.
However, it should be noted that in Evo 1.4.3 on my -STABLE 1.13 GHz laptop,
I have no problems switching fields in the composer.  Since you're running
-CURRENT, you may want to make sure WITNESS is disabled in the kernel
(see /usr/src/UPDATING) and you do:

ln -sf aj /etc/malloc.conf

To disable userland malloc scrubbing.  This will enhance the speed of
applications for you.