portupgrade fails

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu Jul 17 08:28:38 PDT 2003

> From: "Kirk R. Wythers" <kwythers at umn.edu>
> Date: 17 Jul 2003 09:10:35 -0500
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to 'portupgrade -ra' after cvsuping and I'm getting the
> following errors. Seems like there is a problem with a few ports (such
> as librsvg2, bobnobo, ghostscript) which then cause other ports to be
> skipped. Is this a situation where I should remove pkgconf and start
> over, or is there a easier solution? Please excuse if this should have
> been posted in questions-freebsd, it seemed like most of the issues were
> gnome related
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kirk
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/print/ghostscript-gnu.
> *** Error code 1

It is a good idea to include the actual error in the log you mail
out. Starting after the error is usually not much help.

In this case, though, I know the problem. A new tarball was built for
ghostscrtipt-gnu after you grabbed your tarball. The checksum was
updated to match the new tarball, but you still have the old one
around, so your build fails.

Just delete /usr/ports/distfiles/ghostscript/ghostscript-7.07.tar.bz2
and start the protupgrade again.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)