HEADS UP 2.5 TESTERS: New FreeBSD GNOME Devel FAQ

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Dec 29 10:32:12 PST 2003

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:21:46 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 13:14, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:57:15 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke
>> <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Adam and I have cranked out an FAQ on tracking the GNOME Development
>> > branches.  Here we're including common questions and known issues.  If
>> > you're testing 2.5, you should definitely check it out.  If you have
>> > items to add to the known issues section, please let us know.  Thanks.
>> >
>> > http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/develfaq.html
>>
>> Looks good! I think, add FAQ of upgrade from 2.4.x to 2.5.x and/or new
>> update of glib, gtk and pango 2.5.x is good idea. I usually do the
>> 'portupgrade -rf glib-2\*' and it works very well in my case so far. How
>> about someone has the different way?
>
> I plan on writing a script for the 2.4 -> 2.6 upgrade.  There are some
> gotchas that "portupgrade -rf glib-2\*" doesn't handle (e.g. libxml2,
> scrollkeeper, etc., plus updating gnomevfs2 again after updating
> libgnome).

Very nice, thanks for your work to plan on write a script of upgrade. I
think, Gnome team do really need to start to think of make the things
easier to upgrade in future. Gnome isn't easy to upgrade compare to the
other DEs.

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.