Gnome 2.5 experience

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Dec 29 09:48:33 PST 2003

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:38:20 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke
<marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 03:46, Nawfal bin Mohmad Rouyan wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I've installed gnome-2.5 on my laptop running freebsd-5.2 current (Sat
>> Dec 27 16:31 2003). There are issues with the installation and I don't
>> know if its gnome's fault or freebsd. I'll just list it down here:

Just to add some stuff, so contiune bottom:

>> 1. I can't logout. When i clicked "log out" at Actions menu, nothing
>>    happens. The mouse is working but if i click on anything, there is no
>>    response. There is a gnome_segv running while running top from
>>    another pc sshed to my laptop. I either have to press
>>    "Ctrl+Alt+Backspace" or kill gnome_segv2 to get to the gdm login
>>    screen.
>
> Known Issue.

The workaround is to run the gnome-session-properties and uncheck the
'Prompt on logout'.. This issue is known to the Linux world too.

<snip>
>> 3. Desktop icons of 'Computer' and 'Trash' has a 'no permission to
>>    write' emblems. See picture attached.
>
> Known Issue.

See Khairil Yusof's replied.

<snip>
>> 6. I think this is an evolution bug but I'll just mention it here, if I
>>    clicked on Tools->Settings, another evolution window will appear with
>>    the settings window.
>
> Not sure on this one.  You might want to search the Ximian Bugzilla
> database.

Wow, weird. I get that too when I click on and it will call evolution to
run that cause us to have two evolution running.

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.