Looking for something to do?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Dec 20 20:26:52 PST 2003

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:22:06 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 20:06, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> > With the new patch applied, does the list of available recording
>> speeds
>> > change?
>>
>> Yep, I am using this patch and it does list all max and 1x to 16x.. My
>> CD-RW is 16x10x40.
>>
>> > Are you still able to blank the disk?
>>
>> You mean, erease cd? If yes, then I don't have any cd-rw blank around
>> but
>> I can buy. I always buy cd-r blank. :-)
>
> I mean, do you get the checkbox that allows you to enable blanking of
> the disk?
<snip>

I couldn't find any option of blank, so attaching a screenshot of it.

>> 'Devices'
>> don't
>> and
>> >
>> > Some things should be populated under the Device tab.  Adam mentioned
>> > some things about traceroute as well.  I'll have to look at those in
>> > more detail after my initial patches are committed to gnome-network.
>> > Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>> Here's an attach of screenshot for Device tab.
>
> Do you have IP configured on that interface?  My Devices tab shows me an
> IP address, netmask, broadcast, multicast flag, MTU, and state.
> However, none of that info will come up if the interface doesn't have IP
> configured.

Umm, I couldn't find where I can put IP in there. Isn't it supposed to be
done by automatic? I can see is dc0, plip0 and lo0 in the drop menu, but
no effect when I click on it. The gDesklets and gkrellm work fine here to
pick up the IP and other info of net, traffic and etc.

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.