gdk-pixbuf has indirect gettext dependency

Glenn Johnson glennpj at charter.net
Sun Aug 31 07:21:02 PDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 02:37:01AM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 22:43, Doug Barton wrote:
>
> > Howdy,
> >
> > I was doing the gettext dance on one of my systems today, and
> > discovered that gdk-pixbuf has an indirect dependency on gettext,
> > seemingly inherited through gtk. So the following procedure:
> >
> > install a bunch of stuff gettext is updated, and bumps .so version
> > number uninstall gettext, glib, gtk reinstall above try to run any
> > app linked with gdk-pixbuf *BOOM*
>
> This is why I recommended people do a portupgrade -rf -m BATCH=yes
> gettext so that they can get to all the ports with implicit
> dependencies on gettext.

Just a note, I did the 'portupgrade -rf -m BATCH=yes gettext' job
yesterday (took almost all day).  Anyway, the '-m BATCH=yes' part did
not work.  I still got the (annoying) confirmation screen for gdm2.  Of
course I realized this when I got back to the machine after being out
for a while.

--
Glenn Johnson
glennpj at charter.net