acme in notification area hogging CPU

Sun Aug 31 05:19:43 PDT 2003

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 18:52:33 -0400
Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

> > High CPU utilization only happens when acme puts the icon in the
> > notification area at session startup.
>
> What changed between when it was good, and now?  Have you looked at the
> spinning process to see what it might be spinning on?

I see the same effect. I not only have acme in the notification arrea, I
also let gnomeicu2 start iconified at the login. I observed, that the
CPU intensive behavior stops as soon as I deiconify gnomeicu. Iconifying
it again dosn't result in increased CPU usage. Maybe just clicking on
something in the panel is enough, but I haven't tested this.

The change between when it was good an now was a forced upward recursive
recompile of gettext. It may have slurped in some updates to some of the
gnome bits and not only a dependency fix because of the gettext update...

Bye,
Alexander.

--
      ...and that is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.