Gnome 2.4

Matthew Donadio mdonadio at comcast.net
Fri Aug 29 14:32:35 PDT 2003

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> There haven't been any GNOME
> components removed, only moved.  That is, bonobo-activation will be part
> of libbonobo, stickynotes_applet will be part of gnomeapplets2, and
> themus and fontilus will be part of gnomecontrolcenter2.

Ah, this makes sense now.

> > For those of us who track the ports tree, should there be any headaches
> > that we should be aware of, or will a cvsup and porupgrade be
> > sufficient?
>
> I'm still working on that.  I don't want to have to hunt down all the
> ports that depend on, say, atk, and bump their PORTREVISIONS (though, if
> people think I should, I will).
>
> What I'm considering now is the following recipe:

That looks cool.  I was thinking of config issues that would result in
logging into a wonked desktop.

I just had a thought.  How is nautilus-cd-burner implemented?  If it
uses the CAM layer, then there probably needs to be something mentioned
in a README since atapicam isn't in the GENERIC kernconf file.

--
Matthew Donadio (m.p.donadio at ieee.org)