gnome_mouse_configuration

Greg Magnusson glm at cyborgspiders.com
Thu Aug 21 16:57:43 PDT 2003

re:  configuration of a mouse using freebsd 4.7 + XFree86-4.2.0_1 gnome desktop

Hello,

I have just got my FreeBSD 4.7 p4 box running with the new
Nvidia-GeForce-2mx-400 graphics driver.  I have been able to 'startx' and
see the gnome-enlightenment desktop.  My problem:  The mouse cursor starts
in the middle of the screen and then flys to the top left hand corner after
the slightest touch.  The cursor responds to mouse motion, but in a very
erratic way, sticking to the to left  hand corner.  I have repeatedly gone
into /stand/sysinstall/ Configure "Mouse" to no avail.  I have tested this
on 3 different mice.  Even when I pass the mouse configuration test 'enable
the mouse daemon' the desktop cursor responds erratically as outlined
above.  I have tried this with a logitech 3 button serial, a dexxa 3 button
serial and a Microsoft Intellimouse 3 button ps-2.  Because the same effect
happens with different mice, I am wondering if there is a way to configure
gnome to handle the mouse inputs.

Any and all help is apprecitated.

Greg Magnusson
glm at cyborgspiders.com