new port: x11/gnome-commander

Jens Rehsack rehsack at liwing.de
Tue Aug 19 16:37:28 PDT 2003

On 20.08.2003 01:31, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 19:27, Jens Rehsack wrote:
>> On 19.08.2003 20:40, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>>
>> > On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:21:57 GMT, Jens Rehsack <rehsack at liwing.de> wrote:
>> >
>> > <snip>

>> > <snip>
>> >
>> > Just want to give a feedback:
>> >
>> > -RUN_DEPENDS=    gnome-vfs-config:${PORTSDIR}/devel/gnomevfs
>> > -LIB_DEPENDS=    gnome.5:${PORTSDIR}/x11/gnomelibs
>> > -BUILD_DEPENDS=    gnome-vfs-config:${PORTSDIR}/devel/gnomevfs
>> > -
>> > -USE_GNOME=    yes
>> > +USE_GNOME=    gnomevfs gnomelibs
>>
>> This won't wort. Please try on your own!!!
>
> Why won't this work?

It seems that there are newer versions being installed than the
./configure script of gnome-commander expects and it won't find
the dependencies.

Just try on your own, please. It's much to confusing for me
to explain, I tried first as you describe above and the port
failed. I tried again the 'unclean' way, but it worked.
So I decided to move groundwork to a later point, also because
the gnome-commander people may want move their tool to gnome2,
which will solve the mystique failures.

>> > In future, you shouldn't do the 'USE_GNOME=yes'.. Learn more about it,
>> > check -> http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/porting.html ..
>>
>> Okay, I see
>> USE_GNOME=	gtk12
>> would be enough.
>
> Not if you also need gnomelibs and gnomevfs.

:-) Funny.
Maybe I did may sth. really wrong, so I would be glad if you test your
recommented changes and send me your results.

> Joe

Jens