ggv

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Fri Aug 15 07:50:38 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 07:30, Nicholas Wieland wrote:
> Hello,
>   AFAIK ggv is just a gtk-based frontend to xpdf: is there a reason for not
> installing xpdf during the installation of GNOME 2 from ports or is it a bug ?
> I've noticed that ggv does not work 'out of the box', but after installing
> xpdf everything is fine.

ggv is not a frontend to xpdf.  It is a GNOME port of ghostview.  gpdf,
a new component of GNOME 2.4 is a port of xpdf to GNOME.  That will also
not install xpdf, but will be able to handle PDF files.  ggv2 simply
requires ghostscript (which is does install), and works fine for me
out-of-the-box.

Joe