ports/55409: evolution-1.4.{3,4} display incorrect timestamps

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Mon Aug 11 09:12:03 PDT 2003

> From: Christopher Nehren <apeiron at comcast.net>
> Date: 10 Aug 2003 11:32:20 -0400
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
>

> --=-xf2Dr+ifAW5ntnAf65W0
>
> I've seen this behavior as well, and I'm working on reproducing it. It
> seems to only occur after Evolution's been open for a long period of
> time (> 30 minutes, maybe an hour). I'll have a screenshot of the bad
> timestamps once Evo produces it. For clarity, I've sent myself a
> timestamp email from an xterm using this:
>
> date && echo "foo" | mail apeiron at comcast.net ; sendmail -qR
>
> to make sure that the proper timestamp is known.

I see this problem most of the time. Every once in a while I can get
evolution to show the correct local times, but they are almost always
GMT. I just fired up Evolution 1.4.4 and the inbox listing timestamps
for all showing GMT.

adjkerntz running with /etc/wall_cmos_clock present. The timezone has
been correctly set in Evolution to "America/Los Angeles". Everything
else on the system shows the time correctly.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)