mozilla does not depend on nspr

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sun Aug 10 22:51:33 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 01:43, Sergey Akifyev wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Mozilla actually depends on nspr4 (as shown by ldd
> /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla-gtk2/mozilla-bin), but it is not listed in
> dependencies. nspr is pulled out by some software when building mozilla
> from ports, but when installing it from packages, it complains that nspr
> is not installed. This issue affects both galeon and epiphany. Attached
> patch fixes this.

Mozilla doesn't actually depend on devel/nspr.  It installs its own
libnspr:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  196232 Jun 30 23:58
/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla-gtk2/libnspr4.so

However, if you have devel/nspr installed, galeon and epiphnay will link
against it, thus preventing you from uninstalling the package.  I think
there's a better alternative to requiring nspr in Mozilla.  I can create
symlinks in ${MOZILLA_HOME} that symlink the .so's to .so.1's.  That
should solve the problem.