gnomepilot2 gpilotd

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Thu Apr 24 14:47:15 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 14:15, Bob Van Valzah wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 11:21, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > You can't use Evo with Palm support under GNOME 2.
>
> Ignorance is indeed bliss!  I've had no trouble doing this except that:
>
>      1. I have to run gnomecc if I ever need to change the
>         configuration, and
>      2. I have to manually start gpilotd.
>
> Not pretty, but it works.  I guess I just stumbled into a working setup
> because there were enough GNOME 1 pieces left laying around on my
> machine even after I upgraded to GNOME 2.

You figured it out, so you're set.  I didn't feel like making exceptions
for certain libpanel ports, then writing complex tutorials on how to
make it work.

> > You can install Evo 1.3 on top of GNOME 2.2.1.
>
> Hmmm.  That's good news, but I'm not sure I understand the details.
> Would I have to do a partial marcusmerge or something?  Otherwise how
> would I keep marcusmerge from pulling in GNOME 2.3?

Just checkout the mail/evolution-devel, www/gtkhtml3,
textproc/gnomespell-devel, and devel/libsoup ports, then use marcusmerge
for them alone.

Joe