gdmXnest doesn't start

Adriel Cardenas G. aztlanet at gmx.net
Sun Apr 20 14:40:51 PDT 2003

El dom, 20 de 04 de 2003 a las 14:15, Joe Marcus Clarke escribió:
> On Sun, 2003-04-20 at 12:58, Adriel Cardenas wrote:
> > Every time i try to start gdmXnest or gdmXnestchooser, i get the following
> > error
> >
> > $ gdmXnestchooser
> > DISPLAY=:20
> >
> > ** (gdmXnestchooser:8835): WARNING **: Can't exec, trying Xnest
> >
> > ** (gdmXnestchooser:8835): WARNING **: Can't exec that either, giving up
> >
> > I have search trough google with no luck, and I have changed the DISPLAY
> > value with some other values but no luck.
> >
> > Has anyone seen this. I'll appreciate any comments/hints/urls/etc...
>
> Have you installed x11-servers/XFree86-4-NestServer?
>
> Joe

You were right! It's strange, I'd swear that I have installed it. Maybe
when upgrading to XFree86-4.3.0 something happened.

Anyway thanks for the advice. Now I've tried it and it works fine, but
every time after using it (gdm: Xnest Xnestchooser or themetester) I
can't execute any other X app. I get a warning that It couldn't connect
to the server, this disappear if i restart the GNOME Session.

Should my DISPLAY value be set to some specific value (the current value
is :0.0) or it doesn't matter?

Thanks for your comments.

Adriel

P.S. To everyone in the list: I'm sorry for this kind of Off-Topic mail.