GEOM_PART: Integrity check failed (ada2, MBR)

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Tue May 20 20:50:07 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg at tristatelogic.com>
To: "Steven Hartland" <killing at multiplay.co.uk>; <freebsd-geom at freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:20 PM
Subject: Re: GEOM_PART: Integrity check failed (ada2, MBR)

> In message <90779722305645B99AA673EDA11C349F at multiplay.co.uk>,
> "Steven Hartland" <killing at multiplay.co.uk> wrote:

see the details:
camcontrol identify ata0

You'll see the details of HPA at the bottom e.g.
Host Protected Area (HPA)      yes      yes      33554432/250069680
HPA - Security                 no

If you're disk has HPA enabled you can remove it by configuring the
max sectors to the full disk size (the number on the right)

If the drive doesn't have security (a password set) as above:
camcontrol hpa ada0 -s 250069680 -P

If it is locked you need to specify the password to unlock it.
camcontrol hpa ada0 -s 250069680 -P -U <pwd>

For more details see man camcontrol.

Hope this helps.

    Regards
    Steve