Anyone using HAST in production / performance?

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Wed May 7 10:03:45 UTC 2014

> Looks like I'm back to looking at iSCSI -> ZFS then for now. HAST has coped
> with everything I've thrown at it ('failure' wise) but I need more speed
> than that as storage for VM's etc.

I would be interested to know how that works out - I tried iscsi
and ZFS a while ago, but my problem with it was that it didnt
handle failure very well - you took away the remote iscsi drive and
the ZFS layer locked up. Thats why I ended up using ggated + gmirror,
instead of iscsi + zfs. We switched back to ZFS when hast came along, but then
for me it is "fast enough"

My experiences with iscsi were a long time ago though - 2007 or so,
and am sure its rather different now!

cheers,

-pete.