How to use SAN with FreeBSD ?

Mustafa Resul Çetinel resul.cetinel at inforcept.com
Wed May 2 13:06:16 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to put together a SAN box with my FreeBSD. But i cannot find
any documents for this case.  I reaaly wnat to know is there anybody
with SAN experience, especially on FreeBSD? And what must i do, what are
the step for carriying out storage support for FreeBSD? Could you please
examine all steps for me and who needs this configuration steps ?

Thanks in advance

_Some information about my system :_

FreeBSD localhost 8.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE #3 r218745: Wed Feb 16
15:07:48 PST 2011
root at build8x64.pcbsd.org:/usr/obj/storage/fbsd-sources/8.2/sys/GENERIC
amd64

QLogic 2562 HBA card, SAN environment is EMC