GEOM "splicing"? Is it possible to insert GEOM into stack on-line?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 23 13:19:38 UTC 2011

Hello, Freebsd-geom.

  As far as I remeber, there was some support for "splicing" GEOM I/O
schedulers into "live" GEOM graph without rebuilding graph from
scratches.

 Is it possible now for GEOM class, which is completely transparent
(like geom_nop, without offsets, errors, etc) to be inserted into live
GEOM graph? I need to put one such GEOM between device and file system
and I don't want to stop server, unmount filesystem, etc...

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>