gmirror failed with error 19.

Andrei Kolu antik at bsd.ee
Sat Oct 15 16:29:02 UTC 2011

Hi,

I installed FreeBSD 9 BETA3 and configured geom mirror according to manual:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/geom-mirror.html

# sysctl kern.geom.debugflags=17
# gmirror label -vb round-robin gm0 /dev/ada0
# gmirror insert gm0 /dev/ada1
# gmirror status
Name Status Components
mirror/gm0 COMPLETE ada0
  ada1

# echo 'geom_mirror_load="YES"' >> /boot/loader.conf

After reboot:

mountroot: waiting for device /dev/mirror/gm0p2 ...
Mounting from ufs:/dev/mirror/gm0p2 failed with error 19.

mountroot>

Before that I saw this error message: "gmirror mirror/gm0: corrupt or
invalid GPT data". Solved this problem by starting up system from usb flash
as livecd and recovering gpt. But I still can't boot from geom mirror.