RFC: Project geom-events

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 18:35:31 UTC 2011

2011/10/4 Lev Serebryakov <lev at freebsd.org>

>  One thing is missed from software RAIDs is spare drives and state
> monitoring (yes, I know, that geom_raid supports spare drivers for
> metadata formats which supports them, but it not universal solution).

Sounds impressive!  Will be very useful for those using GEOM-based RAID
(gmirror, gstripe, graid3, graid5, etc).

Just curious:  would the geom-events framework, and in particular the
geom-events script, be useful for ZFS setups, for initiating replacements
and providing "hot-spare" support?

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com