increase volume size to RAID 1+0 volumes

Bastien Semene bsemene at cyanide-studio.com
Wed Mar 16 11:16:10 UTC 2011

Hi list,

I'd like to know how can I add disk space to RAID 1+0 volumes.

I have 4 disks of 1.5 TB.

I've seen that I can increase size of gmirror volumes if I remove (from
the volume) 1 disk, insert a new one. Once the sync is complete destroy
the mirror volume, increase the size with fdisk then build a new mirror
volume.
Is it correct ? No problem with the metadatas (I don't think as they are
totally recreated) ?

But I can't find information on how to do this with stripes. I
understand that it is more difficult as RAID 0 needs disks of the same size.
If I use the same methodology, does the destroy/recreate metadata will
make the datas stored lost ?
If yes, can I do it ? Is there some documentation I didn't put my hand
on somewhere ?

Thank you for your help.

--
Bastien Semene