kern/150858

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 6 12:20:03 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR kern/150858; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd at FreeBSD.org>
To: Gleb Smirnoff <glebius at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: Konstantin Kukushkin <dark at ramtel.ru>
Subject: Re: kern/150858
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 16:46:01 +0200

 --Zfao1/4IORAeFOVj

 On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 02:39:54PM +0400, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
 >   Hello, Pawel!
 >=20
 >   There is a PR from my colleague - kern/150858. Do you
 > see any side effects of such loosening the comparison?
 > Can this be committed?

 (CCing Konstantin)

 Yes, what we have now is lesser evil. If we drop size comparison then
 GEOM_LABEL can pick anything from ad0, ad0s1 and ad0s1a when you have
 file system on top of ad0s1a and all start at offset 0.

 Unfortunately UFS metadata is not designed for automatic discovery, so
 there is not much we can do here.

 --=20

 --Zfao1/4IORAeFOVj

 --Zfao1/4IORAeFOVj--