FreeBSD 7.3-Stable / GEOM issue with ZFS attach/replace & zvol's...

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Thu Jul 8 21:33:40 UTC 2010

--On 08 July 2010 22:22 +0200 Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> If you can turn off ZVOLs for a moment and do the replacement, you could
> do the following:
>
> 	# zfs volfini
>
> This command will removed all ZVOLs from /dev/ and they won't be a
> problem during replace. Once you're done just call:
>
> 	# zfs volinit

Fantastic! - Thanks! - The system is finally re-silvering the ailing
drive...

I'll try 8.1 tomorrow on the test system I setup, with a view to moving to
it in due course...

But for now, my pool is saved... It's all backed up (in duplicate) - but
it's still hours worth of restore saved, should the worst have happened :-)

-Kp