FreeBSD 8.2-PRERELASE doesn't see slice on SDHC card in ?cardreader ?-- what should I do?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Thu Dec 23 15:42:04 UTC 2010

Lev Serebryakov wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > The problem is that nothing has changed, from the hardware
 > > point of view.  The SCSI re-scan did not encounter any new
 > > devices or anything else, so there doesn't _seem_ to be a
 > > reason to re-taste everything.
 >
 >   "rescan" Ok, but what about "load" with successful status?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand your question.

``camcontrol load'' does not make sense at all with a card
reader, unless it supports physical (i.e. motor-driven)
ejection and loading of cards.  The command just sends a
SCSI start/stop unit command to the device.  Devices capable
of physical loading (e.g. CD-ROM drives with a tray) will
then perform the appropriate action, most other devices just
ignore the command and do nothing.

Best regards
   Oliver

"Life is short (You need Python)"
        -- Bruce Eckel, ANSI C++ Comitee member, author
           of "Thinking in C++" and "Thinking in Java"