FreeBSD 8.2-PRERELASE doesn't see slice on SDHC card in cardreader ?-- what should I do?

Lev Serebryakov lev at serebryakov.spb.ru
Tue Dec 21 09:12:44 UTC 2010

Hello, Andriy.
You wrote 21 декабря 2010 г., 11:36:18:

> on 21/12/2010 10:11 Oliver Fromme said the following:
>> Lev Serebryakov <lev at serebryakov.spb.ru> wrote:
>>  >   I  inserted 16Gb SDHC card, with one FAT32 slice (it is card from my
>>  >  PDA). After that I've tried:
>>  > [...]
>>  > blob# ls /dev/da0*
>>  > /dev/da0
>>
>> # /bin/dd if=/dev/null of=/dev/da0 count=0
>>
>> Then try again.
$ true > /dev/da0
> is shorter and less prone to typos.
  It  works!  But  it  is  not intiutive at all :) Why all CAM-related
  commands   like   "load"   and  "open"  don't  work (I don't mention
  auto-sensing  ;-))?  Is  it  problem  with  my  cardreader or common
  problem for FreeBSD?

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at serebryakov.spb.ru>