[RFC] Rewriting sade(8)

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Sat Apr 10 16:28:20 UTC 2010

Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd at gmail.com> writes:
> Now you're making a dangerous assumption that /inst isn't being used
> by the end-user for any predefined purpose.

No, I'm making the entirely reasonable assumption that *during the
installation process* sysinstall can mount whatever the hell it wants
wherever the hell it wants.

Why is this so hard to understand?

If the user wants to create an /inst filesystem *during installation* it
will be mounted as /inst/inst.  If the user runs sade *at a later time*
and creates an /inst filesystem, it will be mounted as /inst.

> Ok. Or maybe since `we're here' sade needs to be populating
> $DESTDIR/etc/fstab, not sysinstall ?

At that time (when sysinstall invokes sade) there is no $DESTDIR/etc -
sysinstall hasn't yet started extracting the base distribution.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no