gmirror issue?

Marin Atanasov dnaeon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 23:35:05 UTC 2009

Hi,

I was doing some tests under 8.0-RC1 and noticed that when I set-up a
root partition with gmirror, after the first reboot with the new
mirrored root partition the system is not able to continue the boot process.

The error message that is being printed is this:

pid 63 (swapon), uid 0: exited on signal 11
pid 65: (fsck), uid 0: exited on signal 11
Segmentation fault
Unknown error; help!
ERROR: ABORTING BOOT (sending SIGTERM to parent)!

The full details about the implementation setup I'm using with
gmirror/gvinum are described here:
http://www.daemonforums.org/showthread.php?p=27010#post27010

Regards,
Marin