kern/138891: [geom] GEOM_PART_* fails with sliced gstripe

Marcel Moolenaar xcllnt at mac.com
Mon Sep 28 17:52:00 UTC 2009

On Sep 22, 2009, at 6:23 PM, Stephen Hurd wrote:

> Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
>>> After wiping out the second sector or the drive (dd seek=1 count=1
>>> if=/dev/zero of=/dev/stripe/raid0)
>>> fdisk now reports "invalid fdisk partition table found" but
>>> GEOM_PART_* still does not locate the a slice and the b/d slices
>>> will not mount.
>>
>> What is the sector size?
>
> 512 according to diskinfo and gstripe list:

Ok, so nothing weird.

What I do see is that you created a RAID within MBR slices, so
you can't have a MBR on top of the RAID. In other words, it's
invalid to do:
	fdisk /dev/stripe/raid0

The correct location for the BSD disklabel would be sector 2 of
the RAID.

Can you dump sector 64 & 65 of raid0?
(i.e. dd if=/dev/stripe/raid0 of=/tmp/raid0-64.dmp iseek=63 bs=512
count=2)

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt at mac.com