updated geom_sched code

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at iet.unipi.it
Sun Mar 8 13:51:26 PDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 07:38:30PM +0100, Ivan Voras wrote:
> Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> > Apart from that (which needs to be fixed by adding a field to the
> > struct bio), we believe the code to be quite stable now, so future
> Hi,
>
> Do you have some documentation about the long-term plans? You will have
> to add an additional field to bio, of course, but there is one more
> thing: the schedulers will have to be integrated into the GEOM in an
> "invisible" way. I.e. instead of /dev/ad0-sched-s1f the users should see
> only /dev/ad0 like they're used to, and get the schedulers by default.
> Otherwise, your work will not get much use.

well, if one is comfortable with the schedulers he can just
put the right names in /etc/fstab.

I think the usefulness of 'invisible' classes is more when adding
or removing geom classes on the fly, but perhaps this requires
support in the geom nodes themselves.

In any case I was hoping to discuss this issue later,
either at bsdcan or in the mailing list, once I understand
the implications a bit more.

	cheers
	luigi