Problem after upgrading from 7 to 8

Frederic Praca frederic.praca at freebsd-fr.org
Wed Dec 2 21:21:36 UTC 2009

Hello guys,
I decided to upgrade from 7.2 to 8.0 last week.
Since that day, I get the following message on boot and must go to
single-user mode to fix it up :

GEOM: ad0s3: geometry does not match label (255h,63s != 16h,63s).
GEOM: ad1: partition 1 does not start on a track boundary.
GEOM: ad1: partition 1 does not end on a track boundary.
GEOM: ad1s1: geometry does not match label (16h,63s != 16h,255s).

I use gmirror to mirror a 80Gb partition on a 160Gb disk with a 80Gb
disk. I did not have any problem on 7.x but now, I must type
gmirror load
in single-user mode to go on booting.

Do you have any idea of what happened ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Fred
--
par l'opération du Saint Esprit et par un redémarrage de X, les ^
peuvent à nouveau se poser sur les lettres: ê â î ï.