kern/124973: [gjournal] [patch] boot order affects geom_journal consumers selection

Aragon Gouveia aragon at phat.za.net
Sat Oct 25 18:00:10 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR kern/124973; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Aragon Gouveia <aragon at phat.za.net>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, Alexei.Volkov at softlynx.ru
Subject: Re: kern/124973: [gjournal] [patch] boot order affects geom_journal consumers selection
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 19:33:29 +0200

 Hi there,

 I just hit my head against this tonight on 7.1-BETA2.  My filesystems were
 using ad0s1a, etc. before enabling gjournal.  After creating a provider and
 enabling gjournal in loader.conf, all the filesystem device nodes got
 renamed to ad0a, etc.

 I'm not sure if this has been fixed since Alexei filed it or if what I'm
 describing is that fix, but all I did to fix things for me was to recreate
 my gjournal provider with the '-h' argument:

 gjournal label -h /dev/ad0s1g

 And now everything behaves when gjournal is enabled in loader.conf. :)

 Regards,
 Aragon