gmirror inconsistent filesystem

Andrei Kolu antik at bsd.ee
Sat Oct 18 06:46:48 UTC 2008

Hi,

I encountered strange problem yesterday with gmirror setup on amd64
version of FreeBSD 7.1BETA2- after successful syncronization I shut down
system cleanly and on bootup it said that /var filesystem is not clean
and stopped rc startup script. I did "fsck -y /var" and mounted
everything with "mount -a"- no problems on gmirror. Reboot and all
starts over again- inconsistent /var... All other filesystems are clean.

Everything works with gmirror without problem on 32bit FreeBSD 7.0RELEASE.

Hardware is Asus P5GC-MX/1333, 2xMaxtor 160GB sata, 2x1GB Kingston
667MHz ddr2. Celeron dual-core 1,6GHz.