Changed names of logical disks on recent -CURRENT: part of logical disks not accessible now

Vadim Goncharov vadim_nuclight at mail.ru
Wed Dec 24 13:03:59 UTC 2008

Hi Marcel Moolenaar!

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:28:14 -0800; Marcel Moolenaar wrote about 'Re: Changed names of logical disks on recent -CURRENT: part of logical disks not accessible now':

> In short: we just need to nail down what we're going to
> fix, if we're going to fix anything, and understand the
> consequences of our choice so that we can document it
> or beter, avoid introducing new bugs in the process..

We want to fix POLA violation, i.e. make all that stuff behave as it always
did before (primary from 1 to 4, logical slices from 5 to any). Nothing more,
because doing something with MBR partitioning nowadays is not worth because
GPT is already available (MBR is limited to 2 Tb, and disks are growing).

--
WBR, Vadim Goncharov. ICQ#166852181       mailto:vadim_nuclight at mail.ru
[Moderator of RU.ANTI-ECOLOGY][FreeBSD][http://antigreen.org][LJ:/nuclight]